Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Press 1/2 cup brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread 1/2 cup ketchup over the sugar.
- Mix 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, 3/4 cup milk, 2 eggs, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 small onion, chopped, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs and shape into a loaf then Place on top of the ketchup.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Hearty Bean and Beef Chili
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil, add 1 lb beef, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp chili powder, and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and cook about 10 min until ground beef browned then transfer beef plate.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil to pot, then 1 onion, and cook 4 to 5 min until tender . Stir 1 garlic and cook 1 min. Add 1 lb tomatoes and cook about 5 min until they release their juices, . Add 2 cups water and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 min.
- Transfer 0.5-oz of beans to small bowl and mash with fork. Add to pot along with 0.5-oz beans and reserved beef and heat through.
Lentils Bolognese Spaghetti
- chopped 2 cloves garlic, 1 small onion, 1 medium carrot and 6 oz mushrooms until finely In food processor.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet on medium. Add chopped vegetables, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 8 oz beef and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, until browned, about 12 minutes
- Stir 1 tbsp tomato paste and cook 1 minute. Add 1 (14-ounce) tomatoes (and their juices), crushing with your hands as you add to skillet. Add 1/2 c. dried lentils, 2 cups water and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper; simmer until lentils are tender about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta per package directions. Drain and toss with sauce. Top with pine nuts and Pecorino, if desired.
- Preheat your grill with high heat.
- Mix together 1,5 pounds lean ground beef, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cup cheese, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 egg, 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix, 1 clove garlic, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties until well done about 5 minutes per side then Serve on buns with your favorite condiments